Searching for field engineers/ Directional drillers
“Devico has almost 30 years’ experience with directional core drilling (DCD) and borehole surveying.
We have developed a range of top quality instruments including directional core barrel, core orientation equipment, and both magnetic and non-magnetic downhole survey instruments. Using these technologies, our clients reach their targets while reducing drilling costs. Today, Devico is the global market leader in providing directional coring services directly, and via its network of exclusive agents and subsidiaries. The head office is located in Melhus, Norway. We have daughter companies in USA, Bulgaria, Sweden and Finland and a subdivision in Hong-Kong.”
Due to a large increase in international projects and high activity, Devico is searching for new field engineers for our worldwide drilling projects. We are looking for candidates that have experience from drilling or drilling technology, people who have worked in the field of Exploration, Geotechnical or Hydrogeological drilling, or other similar mechanical background. As a Devico field engineer, you will be involved in the planning, execution, and supervision of all phases of any directional drilling job to meet client expectations.
Mobility for extended periods with international travel is required for this position. From 1 month to 2 months working abroad in a single period. Or in total from 5 to 7 months for one year period.
• Provide technical support to clients and crew members at the drill-site.
• Prepare daily drilling reports and communicate with client representative, rig crew, and field support staff on a regular basis.
• Manage inventory and supplies on site and prepare and maintain the DeviDrill directional core barrel and other Devico equipment for use
• Train and guide drill crew in the proper use of the Devico equipment
• Prepare borehole plans based on borehole survey data and information from project owner
• Prepare directional survey equipment and perform borehole surveys
We are looking for someone with good communication skills, you need to speak and write English well. You need to have basic mechanical interest and ability, good practical understanding, and be able to find good solutions to technical problems.
It is an advantage if you have a University degree within engineering, but relevant experience can compensate for this. You will attend a training program, which needs to be passed before working independently in projects.
If you think this sound as a suitable position for you, please send your application and CV
as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org